A CALL OUT FOR AR CONTENT DEVELOPERS FOR HALLOWEEN
The Bid is looking for Augmented Reality developers to help create an outstanding Halloween community trail this Autumn.
You will find the full brief below and if this is something you are interested in we'd love to hear from you.
Augmented Reality (AR) Community Trail Brief
Sunderland’s Business Improvement District (Sunderland BID) is looking for an organisation to develop an immersive experience using Augmented Reality (AR) to form part of the city centre’s Halloween and Christmas offer for 2020. The augmented reality experience will include a community trail, evoking a keen response from visitors as they explore the city centre safely in search of hidden characters.
Sunderland BID is a private, not-for-profit organisation, working on behalf of over 400 BID Levy Paying businesses in Sunderland city centre.
Since 2014, the BID has invested more than £3m into the city centre and with the support of business owners, stakeholders and key partners, the BID has developed a relevant and achievable plan for the future – to create a vibrant city centre and opportunities for everyone.
For more information on Sunderland BID, please visit: www.sunderlandbid.co.uk
What are we looking for?
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for an augmented reality experience that will digitally create a series of Halloween and Christmas characters, making up part of our community city centre trail where families can explore key areas and buildings in the city. Whilst the immersive experience will be launched for Halloween, the digital content will run alongside wider activities designed to celebrate the week-long event before being re-purposed/e-designed for use during Sunderland’s Christmas programme
- A creative augmented experience which will be used as part of a wider community trail within Sunderland city centre.
- An experience that excites and attracts visitors into Sunderland city centre which works alongside physical designs provided by installation company – Designs in Air.
- A minimum of 6-7 augmented designs for Halloween, which will then change for Christmas.
- Characters which engage visitors across all ages and backgrounds.
The experience needs to meet the following objectives:
- Drive greater footfall into Sunderland city centre by offering high-quality character designs, increasing dwell time and desire to complete the full trail.
- Explore how digital technology can assist in strengthening the physical aspects of the trail (working with Designs in Air), attracting a large audience.
The maximum budget available for the development of the immersive content is £15,000 including expenses (exclusive of VAT).
Expressions of Interest form returned by (contact us or download below) - 25/08/2020
Companies shortlisted - 26/08/2020
Interviews with shortlisted companies - 27/08/2020
Company selected - 31/08/2020
Development complete - 01/10/2020
Deployment - 23/10/2020
All applicants will be assessed on the following criteria
- Relevance to the theme. Does the product or service demonstrate clear value?
- Creativity. Is the technology likely to inspire audiences and does it create a memorable, engaging experience?
- Previous experience. Does the organisation have demonstrable experience in delivering immersive technologies?
- Evidence of technical know-how.
- Does the organisation understand the technology behind their product or service?
- Ready to launch. Is the organisation able to produce immersive solutions within the given timeline?
- Apply - To apply for this brief, submit an expression of interest before Friday 25 August 2020 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact - For any further questions, please contact Roberta Dambrauskaite, Operations Coordinator at email@example.com or via 07985 688262