We will continue to raise the profile of Sunderland City Centre through the BID brand. Creating marketing activities, events and promotional campaigns to attract visitors and give local residents a reason to stay closer to home.
Big City Events
- continue to deliver two Restaurant Weeks annually
- respond to national/ international opportunities - for example, creating Fanzone’s for big sporting events including Euro 2020
- work with partners to ensure there is a great Christmas programme
- identify opportunities to create a vibrant city centre
More Sector Promotion
Continuing on from the success of Restaurant Week we will work with businesses to develop promotional campaigns / events / initiatives to shine a spotlight on specific business sectors including: retails, bars, restaurants, independents, health and beauty, leisure and professional services.
Spreading the Word
We will continue to offer and deliver free Mak’em Smile training to all city centre workers, increasing the number of ambassadors who are informed and inspired to promote everything the city centre has to offer.
A Hub of Activity
We will look at opportunities to bring the streets alive and animate city centre space:
- working collaboratively to ensure there is a year-round programme of events
- creating a calendar of opportunities to boost business and attract visitors.
- continue to support and sponsor events as well as unlock space and promote Sunderland City Centre as an events destination