The BID provides a collective voice for businesses and will work on your behalf to get your views heard and influence positive change in the city. By working together, we can all make a real difference and improve Sunderland City Centre’s trading environment.
Big Part of the Conversation
- continue to work with a range of charity and voluntary sector organisations to look at collaborative projects which tackle social issues that are impacting on the city centre
- lobby and influence local and national government representing your business needs as a collective voice
- continue to work closely with other BIDs and the BID industry to understand what is happening nationally
- share best practice from other cities who are facing similar challenges
Partnership and Collaboration
- explore ways we can help to reduce business costs and identify funding opportunities to maximise the BID resources
- introduce a ‘Friends of the BID’ scheme in order to increase budget and harness support from those not in the BID area or who fall under the threshold, but who still see the benefits of having a thriving city centre
- work with transport and car park providers to promote easy access to the city, including a parking permit scheme for operational business use
A range of promotional opportunities will be provided to support the marketing of your business including PR, Little Book of Offers, screen advertising and event specific promotional space. We will continue to use our pop-up city centre container at events across the city.
- take a lead on sharing knowledge and insight with businesses.
- facilitate events and invite industry specific guest speakers to share their knowledge and best practice
- work with training providers to access free training, support and advice for the sustainability/growth of your business.