Sunderland city centre ambassador scheme
About Mak'em Smile
Mak'em Smile is an ambassador training scheme that helps to enhance the cities welcome through the recruitment of city ambassadors who work within the service industry.
People working in hotels , pubs, shops, restaurants, taxis etc. attend a short training course that provides them with key information about Sunderland including where to eat, things to do, events, transformation, history etc.
Once they complete the training they become city ambassadors and receive regular communications so they have the latest info on what’s going on in Sunderland and where to go to share with their customers and ‘Mak’em Smile’.
who can get involved
- Leisure and hospitality sector staff
- Bus and taxi drivers
- Retail workers
- Professional staff
- Event volunteers
- Council workers
- Education sector
BENEFITS FOR AMBASSADORS
- Networking with other businesses
- Access to special offers & free experiences
- Regular updates of what's going on in their city
- Opportunities to get involved with events
- Relevant information to share with their customers
- Tips for improving customer service
- 4-6 sessions a year. Please check this page for updates
- Usually hosted at different venues in the city centre. Currently hosted virtually
- Training sessions are interactive and last approximately 2h
If you have any questions, please get in touch here.
BENEFITS FOR BUSINESSES
- Free training to support customer service objectives
- Staff informed and able to share their knowledge with other employees & customers
- Opportunity to promote your business to all recruited ambassadors
- Businesses cross promoting
- Keep up to date with BID projects and city centre activity